Whatcom Water Week Starts This Weekend!September 8, 2022
Unity at the Arch Tomorrow!September 12, 2022
Being a first-time homebuyer can be difficult and scary, so we wanted to put together a list of a few helpful tips to help get you started on your exciting journey.
- Check Your Finances. This is a very important step in the buying process. You need to make sure your credit is good, as well as what your budget is going to be. You should make sure to talk to a mortgage lender and maintain your credit.
- Get Pre-Approved. Along with checking your credit and budget, you need to also talk to a lender about getting pre-approved. It isn’t bad to get right into the joys of looking for a place to buy, however, some people forget about the significance of getting a mortgage pre-approval. There are many benefits, including knowing exactly how much your home-shopping budget is. Another benefit is that your offer will appear stronger because sellers will know that you have the money to purchase their home. Plus, it’s a good idea to get a pre-approval letter to make sure there are as few surprises or delays with your mortgage lender as possible.
- Figure Out Your Needs. After you have gotten pre-approved, checked all of your financing, and worked out your budget, you need to start figuring out exactly what kind of house you want. This includes location, certain neighborhoods or schools, types of homes, interior features, etc. When determining these factors, do not stray away from asking your realtor questions about things like “what is there to do for fun in this area?”
- Ask for Advice from Us. We are here to help you throughout the entire buying process, so please ask us as many questions as you need to. We are very happy to help. You might not be sure what your exact wants/needs are, especially if it’s your first time buying a home. With that in mind, you can always come to us for help in determining what you may need.
- Find the Right Realtor. Though working with a realtor may seem intimidating, you can trust us when we say that it will help you relieve some of the stress that buying a home for the first time brings. We are a family-owned business that works with clients all over Whatcom County. We always make sure to work as hard as we can to help our clients with their journey into buying/selling a home.